He said the release would be subject "to the receipt of further information".
US President Donald Trump has announced he will release classified files relating to his predecessor John F. Kennedy, "subject to the receipt of further information". The group concluded that Lee Harvey Oswald, shooting from a nearby book depository building, was the lone assassin involved in the plot.
White House spokeswoman Lindsay Walters told the publication the White House is aiming "to ensure that the maximum amount of data can be released to the public" under the act. Two Republican lawmakers introduced legislation on Capitol Hill this fall to prod Trump into releasing the last remaining records related to the assassination.
Stone tweeted Saturday morning that he urged Trump to release the classified documents.
"No reason 2 keep hidden anymore", Grassley tweeted earlier this month.More news: Nadal needs three sets to oust Dimitrov at Shanghai Masters
Trump himself is no stranger to the controversies and conspiracy theories that have long swirled around the assassination of the 35th president.
In May 2016, while on the presidential campaign trail, Trump gave an interview to Fox News strongly accusing the father of his GOP primary opponent Sen. Some have expressed concerns that the documents could be embarrassing to Mexico and damaging to US-Mexico relations.
The Washington Post reported that a number officials at various security agencies, however, are urging the President not to release some of the papers, which are being held by the National Archives and Records Administration.
Jefferson Morley, a former Post reporter who has studied the Kennedy assassination records for years, said the last tranche of material is also intriguing because it contains files on senior Central Intelligence Agency officials from the 1960s - officers well aware of Oswald's activities in the days before the assassination.
That conclusion, however, has not satisfied many conspiracy theorists.