With the 82 released on Saturday, the tally of the girls who have regained their freedom comes to 163, leaving 113 still with their captors, according to figure provided by the #BringBackOurGirls' movement.
President Muhammadu Buhari has described the release of 82 abducted Chibok girls as a pleasant 2nd anniversary gift to Nigerians.
The lawmaker while speaking with Vanguard said, "The swap commanders are five, and not two as reported".
Following the weekend release, 113 Chibok schoolgirls remain missing. The negotiators never gave up, the negotiators will continue for the next set after the one secured are made public.
Mr. Buhari stated this Sunday when he hosted the girls in his official residence at Aso Rock Villa, Abuja.
113 girls are now unaccounted for.
It would be recalled that a total of 276 girls were abducted from Government Girls Secondary School Chibok, in Borno on April 14, 2014 while preparing to sit for their final exams.
The ICRC tweet shows a line of girls wearing shirts with the Red Cross logo walking across a runway to a waiting helicopter.
Last year, a first group of 21 Chibok girls was freed in October, and they have been in government care for medical attention, trauma counselling and rehabilitation. The government would now look to secure the release of the remaining hostages, he said.
Some parents did not live long enough to see their daughters released, underscoring the tragedy of the three-year saga. Now parents will know if they should make the journey to see their daughters. It is feared that other girls were strapped with explosives and sent on missions as suicide bombers.More news: Neymar ordered to stand trial over Barcelona transfer
The schoolgirls are among thousands of men, women and children taken by Boko Haram, an Islamist group that has terrorized Nigeria for eight years and whose name translates to "Western education is forbidden".
Long-suffering family members said they were eagerly awaiting a list of names and their "hopes and expectations are high".
The girls were flown from the Borno state capital Maiduguri where they spent the night after their release from a town near the Cameroon border.
Boko Haram's leader Abubakar Shekau claimed in a video message that they had converted to Islam.
On Friday, the U.S. and Britain issued warnings that the Islamist group was planning to kidnap foreigners "along the Kumshe-Banki axis" in Borno state.
Though Boko Haram has abducted thousands of people during its eight-year insurgency that has spilled across Nigeria's borders, the Chibok mass kidnapping horrified the world and brought the extremist group global attention.
"I can not express in a few words how happy I am to welcome our dear girls back to freedom".
The latest negotiations were again mediated by the Swiss government and the International Committee of the Red Cross, Nigeria's government said.
Although the Nigerian government previous year claimed to have "crushed" the militant group, its members have continued to carry out attacks. Its insurgency has killed more than 20,000 people and driven 2.6 million from their homes, with millions facing starvation.